The future of healthcare in your community
Over the next few years you may see changes to the way that your GP practice operates, as they form ‘Primary Care Networks’ with other surgeries so that they can work together to improve your services. Click here to find out more about how these new networks will work.
In addition to helping our practices form these networks, we have set ourselves six ambitions for the next five years to make sure that we deliver the best possible care:
1. Help people to look after themselves and stay well
2. Help people with long-term conditions to manage their healthcare more easily
3. Improve services for urgent issues that need attention on the day, as well as for emergencies
4. Make it easier to see specialists – like mental health workers and physiotherapists
5. Provide better support for older people so they can live independently in their own homes for longer
6. Modernise our hospitals
We have already started on many of our plans, but making our healthcare services work better for everyone needs us to work together with local people like you. Click here to find out how you can get involved with healthcare in your community.
You can also read and download our pocket sized leaflet, 'The future of healthcare in your community,' to find out more about how we will be delivering on each of our ambitions.
We will be developing a bank of really useful information that will help you to take care of yourself and stay well, so check back for updates.