The future of healthcare in your community
We have set ourselves six ambitions for the next five years:
1. Help people to look after themselves and stay well
2. Help people with long-term conditions to manage their healthcare more easily
3. Improve services for urgent issues that need attention on the day, as well as for emergencies
4. Make it easier to see specialists – like mental health workers and physiotherapists
5. Provide better support for older people so they can live independently in their own homes for longer
6. Modernise our hospitals
We have already started on many of our plans, but making our healthcare services work better for everyone needs us to work together with local people like you. Click here to find out how you can get involved with healthcare in your community.
We will be developing a bank of really useful information that will help you to take care of yourself and stay well, so check back for updates.
In the meantime our full five year plan is available to read here.
You can also download and print out our pocket sized leaflet 'The future of healthcare in your community'