Concerns, Complaints, Compliments

self care week small

We are committed to ensuring that NHS services are as good as they can be. We appreciate, however, that sometimes things go wrong and we welcome your concerns, complaints, compliments and comments about any of the services we purchase on behalf of our local population, and also about how the CCG carries out its business.

Click here to download our easy read guide to compliments, comments, complaints or concerns.

The 2018/19 Complaints Annual Report is available to read here.

Which services do we purchase?
CCGs were set up primarily to purchase secondary care services (such as hospital and community services) on behalf of local populations and, whilst it is usually preferable to take up your concern with the service provider direct, the CCG appreciates your feedback about these services.

If you wish to complain about a service you should be aware that complaints regulations set out that you can only complain to either the service provider or the commissioner, not to both.

Services commissioned by NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group
  • Community Health Services
  • Maternity Services
  • Planned Hospital Care
  • Urgent and emergency care, including A&E, 111 and GP Out of Hours Services
  • Older People’s Healthcare Services
  • Healthcare Services for Children
  • Rehabilitation Services ie wheelchair services
  • Healthcare Services for people with mental health conditions
  • Healthcare services for people with learning difficulties
  • Individual Funding Referrals
  • NHS Funded Continuing Healthcare and Funded Nursing Care (commissioned by NHS West Hampshire CCG on behalf of NHS North Hampshire CCG – please see contact details below)

To tell us about your experience please contact us in one of the following ways:

Watch this video (produced by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman) which uses British Sign Language to give you tips on making a complaint to the NHS in England, including where to get advice and support.

In writing to:
Complaints, Compliments and Concerns
NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Central 40
Lime Tree Way
Chineham Business Park
RG24 8GU

Email us: or
Talk to us: Telephone: 01256 705507

NHS Funded Continuing Healthcare and Funded Nursing Care
These services are commissioned on behalf of NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group by NHS West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group and any complaints and concerns relating to these services should be referred to:

In writing:
Patient Experience and Complaints
NHS West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Omega House
112 Southampton Road
SO50 5PB

Telephone: 0800 456 1633

Complaints, Compliments and Concerns about other healthcare services
Whilst our 20 GP practices all contribute to our commissioning programme, the CCG does not purchase GP and other Primary Care services. These are commissioned by NHS England through the Wessex Local Area Team who should be contacted in respect of the following services:

  • GP (your family doctor)
  • Dentists
  • Orthodontists
  • Pharmacists
  • Opticians
  • Specialised Commissioning provided services (specialist care for rarer conditions in fewer locations)

To contact NHS England:

In writing to:
NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Telephone: 0300 311 223

Unsure who to contact?

Please call the CCG as above and we will be happy to help you identify the best organisation to contact.

What will happen when you complain?
NHS North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group has a Policy for the Management of Complaints that sets out the full process that will be followed in respect of any complaint received. A brief overview of this process is set out here:

  • We will contact you by telephone, letter or email within three working days of receipt of your complaint.
  • We and will offer you the opportunity to discuss your complaint, the best way to investigate and respond, and the time the process is likely to take.
  • We will keep you informed of progress, and of any delays.
  • We will provide a full written response to you, with apologies for any failings, and detail any actions we have taken to correct and improve services.

Where can I obtain independent advice and support?
Healthwatch Hampshire offers a free, independent and confidential service in respect of making a complaint about the NHS in Hampshire. This service can be accessed at any Citizens Advice Bureau office in Hampshire, or by telephoning 01962 440262 to request advocacy support.

Further helpful information about complaining about health and social care can be found on the Healthwatch Hampshire Complaints website pages, and additionally a helpful leaflet ‘A step-by-step guide to making a complaint about health and social care’ can be downloaded.

I am not content with the response I have received; what next?
NHS North Hampshire CCG tries hard to ensure that all complaints and concerns are fully investigated, and a full response is provided. However, if our response fails to fully address your complaint please let us know as soon as possible so that we can review in discussion with you.

If you remain unhappy with the handling of your complaint you have the right to refer your case to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). You can contact the PHSO:

In writing:
The Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: on 0345 015 4033