Welcome to North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Dr Nicola Decker, GP and CCG Clinical Chair
As leaders of the local NHS, our Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for planning, developing and paying for a wide range of healthcare services on behalf of around 218,000 people who live in the area we serve.
We are a membership organisation which is made up of and led by local GPs and other clinicians, supported by a small but extremely able team of professional managers and administrative staff.
Each year we are responsible for managing a budget of around £230 million of public money. Using our knowledge and experience of the NHS and our understanding of the needs of our local population we aim to spend this money wisely and effectively to:
- Make sure that the people of North Hampshire receive the safest, highest quality health care possible.
- Ensure that mental health counts just as much as physical health.
- Improve the outcomes of health care – offering the right interventions at the right time to give the best value.
- Work in a culture of transparency where we are clear about the outcomes we are aiming for and willing to challenge when these are not being achieved.
- Focus increasingly on helping local people to stay fit and well, intervening earlier to reduce the risk of illness and working with people to help them make healthy lifestyle choices and play an active role in managing their health and wellbeing.
- Reduce inequalities in access to health care.
We have to recognise that your NHS faces a number of challenges – including a growing population, more people living longer and more people living with long term health conditions such as diabetes.
If we are to meet the changing healthcare needs of local people, we have to change the way we provide NHS services. We need to deliver these changes during a period of continuing financial pressure.
We cannot do this on our own, and in other sections of this website you can read more about our health and care partners and how we are working with them on a shared vision which will drive a major transformation of health services in North Hampshire.
You can also find out more about how patients, carers and members of the public can get involved and have their say on how services are planned for the future.
If you can’t find the information you need on this website, or you have other comments or suggestions, please use the contact form to get in touch. Your views count and they can make a difference.